The Certified Inspector investigates and determines the cause/s of the complaint/s with
tests and procedures and provides an unbiased report based on observations, industry
standards, and test results to the commissioning party only.
- NWFA – National Wood Flooring Association – Certified Wood Inspector
- FCITS – Floor Covering Institute of Technical Services; LUXURY VINYL PRODUCTS Inspector
- NALFA Certified Laminate Flooring Inspector
- ITS Certified Inspector
- Certified Independent NWFA – National Wood Flooring Inspector CP
- IFCII – Wood inspector
- IFCII – Ceramic Tile inspector
- NICFI – National Institute of Certified Floor Covering Inspectors Annual Convention & Training
- IICRC – Senior Carpet Inspector
- The Science of Inspecting Ceramic Tile Flooring/Floor Inspectors Education Guild
- CFI University – Inspector
Training and Education
Continuing Industry Education is a requirement yearly to maintain ones certifications and assures the flooring industry of the credentials and qualifications for the service they provide in each area of expertise. Certified Inspectors are committed to keeping their skills and knowledge at peak performance, and are recognized experts within the flooring industry.
The National Institute of Certified Floor-Covering Inspectors is a non-profit association of independent floor covering inspectors. NICFI members are expert flooring failure analysts and expert witnesses in flooring problems and failures.
NICFI members are experienced in the inspection and failure analysis of woven carpet, broadloom carpet, resilient tile, rubber tile, cork tile, ceramic tile, resilient sheet vinyl, vinyl composition tile, hardwood, laminate, solid vinyl and specialty flooring materials.
NICFI members attend the annual NICFI Convention in Dalton, Georgia, to increase their knowledge and update their skills. The Annual Convention includes updates on indicative field testing procedures, tools, products and product defects. The NICFI is the only Non-Profit Association in the Flooring Industry with membership comprised solely of Certified Floor Covering Inspectors.